The aim of the Business Intelligence Research group is to advance research in the field of business intelligence and analytics. This focuses latest ideas and research on all aspects of practicing and managing business intelligence in organizations. The research group defines BI broadly as the use of high-level software intelligence for business applications. More specifically, business intelligence can be defined by the collection of cutting-edge technologies that help to make systems more intelligent.
Information Systems researchers are in a unique position to benefit from this attention to intelligent technologies for business applications. A lesson learned over years of research in Artificial Intelligence is that deep knowledge both of the technology and the application area is crucial to the success of intelligent applications. Although of course there are exceptional individuals, other fields of business research typically do not have deep understanding of the technologies and other fields of technical research typically do not have deep understanding of business. It would seem that business intelligence is an ideal topic for Information Systems research.
- Dr. Samantha Thelijjagoda
- Ms. Muditha Tissera – High-level software intelligence for business applications
- Ms. Chathurangika Kahandawarachchi – Software Driven change in Business Processes
- Ms. Chathurini Kumarapperuma – Business Process Management, Change Management in ERP Implementation
- Ms. Rangika Peiris - Business Analytics
- Ms. Lilanka Panditha – Business Information Security